Good looking bunch!

Good looking bunch!
The loves of my life

About Us

I'm living proof that God has a sense of humor!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

3 months






Lyla is 12 weeks old now and is becoming a little person.  She has been sleeping 8-9 hours every night followed by a feeding and then she goes back to bed again for another 3 or 4 hours.  This is great but it does mean that she only takes 2 good naps during the day and then just cat naps the rest of the day.  This schedule seems to be pretty typical and we do really like it.  She has also found her hands....or should I say her right hand. Another new discovery is her tongue.  That tongue is always moving and it is even better if she can get a blanket or toy in between her hand and tongue cause then she can lick away! She is also very alert and should be rolling over both ways very soon.  She has started talking quite a bit and we are enjoying listening to her babbling.  

I have found that I love swaddling but Lyla seems to think that she is too old to be strapped down.  Before we swaddled she would only sleep about 5 hours the first night she was swaddled she slept 7 and we haven't looked back since.  However, she has learned that she can arch her back and get onto her side when she is swaddled and this makes me nervous because if she were to roll over while swaddled she would not have her hands free to push her head up and this could lead to breathing problems.  So since she thinks she is old enough to be unswaddled and I am a worrier she now sleeps with one arm swaddled and on "free".  We tried going completely free but it seems that she wakes herself up with her arms flailing around and can't quite figure out how to stop them from moving.  

Today was a fun day for us.  Since the weather was so nice we decided to go to the pool and I have attached some pictures.  Lyla seemed to enjoy the water and we look forward to many more days at the pool.

No comments: