Good looking bunch!

Good looking bunch!
The loves of my life

About Us

I'm living proof that God has a sense of humor!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

dusting off the blog...

So here I sit...wondering what to chat about. It seems like nothing is happening yet so much is happening.

Lyla is so smart, and by so smart I mean she is crazy smart. She doesn't miss a beat and if you do something once you had better do it that way every time. She has recently started asserting her um....we will call it independence....for lacking of a better word and this has been challenging. She can sign with the best of 'um and even has argued and struck deals with me using signs. She is very protective of her "babies" both real and play. She cracks me up the other day I was shushing her baby to sleep when she grabbed the baby doll's hand put it in my hair and said "ow momma ow." We had to put baby GG in time out for that one, no pulling hair around here. She loves to chat it up on the phone to anyone that will listen, even the operator that tells her the number is not a valid number, in fact that lady really seems to crack Lyla up, she gets a big belly laugh from Ly every time. As she is on the phone she is pacing around the house laughing and talking with her hands. Yes, I am starting to see what the future holds, if you get a busy signal call my cell. We have also very loosely started potty training. She does a diaper dance that is just a crack up and she now knows how to sign potty and if she doesn't have a diaper on and needs to go she will tell you. We are having more and more success with potty training and will probably hit it hard after her second bday.


They boys are um....shall we say challenging. They are for the most part really good babies but when it is bad let me tell you it is BAD! They each have four teeth now and are eating mostly everything we eat. They have also just started pulling up on things.....or each other and will race to the dishwasher when it is open. Avery is a sweet sweet boy that seems to just sit back and enjoy the ride. That is if he is on two feet, he no longer enjoys sitting or laying down. At his nine-month he was 29 inches and 21.4 lbs. Elias will makes sure that the ER nurses and our family are on a first name basis. This kid is a go getter and a bruiser. He crawls over whatever is in his way, including his brother to get what he needs. He also is already moving around the kitchen chairs and the kid is a bottomless pit. At his appointment he was 28.5 inches and 21.5 lbs.

I think I should probably get on my way as we never know what the night will bring. Here's to hoping that I will update more often!

No comments: