Oliver got his name because Jason wanted and Olen, only so he could call the baby Ollie. I was hesitant because Olen is to much like Owen and Owen is so popular right now. So I axed it. We decided on Oliver because it means "Peace Maker" or "Olive Branch". We figured we could still call him Ollie but have yet to do that. For some reason Oliver has just stuck. If we need an nickname just plain old O seems to be holding right now.
He just turned seven months and he just keeps getting better and better. He is currently able to spin all over the floor and scoot backwards. He never took to baby food so whatever we eat we just cut up really small and away he goes. He has super curly hair and a lot of it. He also has cut two teeth without much issue and it looks like there are two more on the way.
Right off the bat he was a great sleeper, often sleeping four to six hours at a time. He is by far my most giggly and chatty baby. He is a joy to all and really fit right into our family. Having him wasn't really extra work it seemed like he just fit. My pediatrician told me that I'm lucky he didn't have a different plan but I think he knew what I needed. I always say that God knew I needed Oliver more than I did.
Today we baptized Oliver. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful service. I had many nightmares of how the service would go with two two year olds that were about a half hour from bedtime and rarely sit down for more the five minutes (this really isn't an exaggeration, these boys can move) we chatted with our pastor and she agreed to come to our house. How awesome is that?!? It was awesome. Really awesome. Oliver talked the WHOLE time and was just fun to watch. The kids were able to bounce from lap to lap and watch and it really was just an awesome family moment. I added some pics from the day to this post. The gown he wore has lace on the bottom that it over six (maybe seven?) generations. He is around baby 20 to be baptized in this gown. Enjoy!
1 comment:
I'm sure Oliver can tell: his Momma LOVES him! What a lucky kid. And welcome to God's family!
Post a Comment