Today at the doctor the topic of discussion was delivery and I learned a lot. First of all if my water breaks I have to high tail it to the hospital. Because baby A is breech there is a possibility of having the cord prolapse (come out first) and if I labor to long and start to deliver a breech baby the twins heads will lock together and make it a very dangerous and complicated situation. I also learned that basically whatever day I go into labor will be the boy's birthday. They will try to stop my labor if it is in the next two weeks, however, my doctor said that they basically stop it to give me steroid shots for the boys lungs and then I continue to labor. After 35 weeks they will just let me go and they won't let me go past 38 weeks (which is April 15, if you were wondering). So we are basically playing a waiting game now.
I can't believe that we are a little over a week away from Lyla's 1st birthday. I swear she is the smartest kid ever! The other day she was helping open a box got some tape on her hand and crawled into the kitchen sat down next to the garbage cabinet and signed more so that we could come open it and she could throw it away. She LOVES books, she will have you read them over and over. Her favorites are Skippyjon Jones and Brown Bear, Brown Bear. She is also laughing and getting into all kinds of trouble. She has quite the personality and we are learning she is also very stubborn....don't know where that came from.
So we are onto another week....Tuesday and Thursday appointments, Saturday is Lyla's bday and Sunday is mine....that exhausts me just typing it!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you're keeping up this blog so I can follow your family in these exciting days! Can't wait to see the blog with the NEWS!
Love you!
Post a Comment