Good looking bunch!

Good looking bunch!
The loves of my life

About Us

I'm living proof that God has a sense of humor!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Blessings....

Do you ever have one of those days where you just want to crawl back into bed and start over? That was my morning this morning. I woke up to an aching back and hips already felt tired and could tell my fuse was short. I got through breakfast fine, put Lyla down for a morning nap and laid down myself. For some reason the house phone rang twice back to back and happened to wake Lyla up not even a half hour into her nap. My fuse became a little shorter...I was banking on getting a good nap in. I came down stairs and snuggled her for a few minutes as she was crabby (probably because she didn't sleep enough) and grinned the rest of my way through the morning. I was sitting on the couch watching her play and she pick up a stuffed animal looked at it funny and put it down and crawled away. That's when I noticed that my wonderful male dog, who can smell my hormones and likes to mark his territory as I get closer to a due date, had peed on her stuffed animal. I lost it. My fuse was gone. I kenneled him, and tried to keep occupied as I searched for the cleaner (it wasn't in the spot it usually is...go figure) and then tried to keep Lyla busy as I gave her little lamb a bath hoping to save it. So needless to say I wasn't the best lunch date today and was so looking forward for Lyla's second nap of the day hoping that it would be much longer and I would get a good nap in because now my stomach was starting to feel tender from the extra snuggles Lyla was requiring today. I get Lyla down for a nap and turn to the computer while she talks herself to sleep. About now you are probably wondering why I'm sharing this with you or even why I called this blessings...hang in there I'm getting there.

As many of you know I frequent a March board where moms that had babies in March of 09 can share ideas, thoughts, questions and struggles that the may be having with their little ones. I have found countless sources of information from these moms. One of the moms posted a website that completely changed my day. There is a little girl named Layla Grace that is fighting cancer right now and it doesn't sounds like she has much time left. I read her entry called Sleep, Valentine's and regrets and was instantly brought to tears. I have so much to be thankful for and this mom put it all in perspective. I spent a good remainder of the afternoon reading the rest of the blog and crying most of the time hurting for this little girl and so grateful that I have a healthy child. It made me realize that today wasn't that bad of a day and that I have tomorrow with Lyla to try again. Anyways, I can't really do the blog justice so I will just share the link with you.... http://laylagrace.org/?p=448 Please pray for her family as it looks like she won't be around much longer, and please take a minute to say a prayer of thanks for your family. We are all so blessed beyond measure, I am thankful for each and everyone of you and am blessed that you are in my life.

No comments: