Good looking bunch!

Good looking bunch!
The loves of my life

About Us

I'm living proof that God has a sense of humor!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

With mixed emotions...

Summer always seems to be a time of reflection for me and sure enough this summer it no different.  We have had some big "changes"going on. I don't know if changes is the right word.  It just seems that life is moving to fast and our kids are getting bigger and more big kid/preschooler and baby not infant.  It seems the boys are thinning out and losing their baby fat making them look older, Lyla is once again understanding things that prove she is getting bigger too and Oliver is on the move.

Here are some examples -

Lyla says milk now instead of "nerp" (sound like nope).  This makes me so sad as I can vividly remember trying to figure out what nerp meant.  "Lyla did you want some milk?" "nerp"  (close the refrigerator) and she has a fit.  "Lyla can you point to what you want?", (points to milk) "OH Milk" "nerp" (close the refrigerator)

Lyla and the twins can now play together for about a half hour uninterrupted and by playing together I mean really playing together.  You be the baby and I'll get you a bottle, that kind of playing together.  This is a new found freedom for me as now I can unload and load the dishwasher without a lot of help. Their favorite thing to play is matchbox cars.  They can roll them around on the floor and line them up in a parking spot for quite some time.

Elias is quite the dancer.  This kid has moves, and he usually accompanies them with his own songs.  He continues to make me laugh and I can not believe how many words are coming out of his mouth these days.

Avery is a snuggle bug.  He loves to curl up in your lap and and hug you.  If he can't sleep at night and you crawl into bed with him he will put his arm around you.  He is sensitive and always watching out for his siblings.

Oliver is on the move.  Something he promised not to do until after my brother gets married in July.  He is sleeping through the night and eats like a champ.  He has yet to have an ounce of formula and this is a record I am quite proud of.  He hair is out of control!  Super curly and long, he will be getting his first full hair cut in the next few weeks and I just can't believe it.  I brought the boys at 18 months just for fun to get their haircuts and Oliver is so much the opposite.

One of my new favorite past times is to watch the kids doing whatever.  I love quietly just sitting back and observing the blessings that have been borrowed to me.  The way they put an arm around each other and help them stand up if they fall.  The way the will find each other's blankets and pass them off to the right owner.  I seriously am blessed. I have four beautiful children that are growing and thriving and life is just plain good!

No comments: