The party for the kids was a huge success. I love celebrating the kids. They have been such a blessing in my life. Lyla is still asking for "Happy to me" cards when we get the mail everyday. Avery and Elias seem to be getting more of a personality everyday. I think Avery had everyone hoodwinked and he is going to be the brains of the family. Elias is happy just to let the world pass around him. He does things his own way on his own time.
Lyla is quite the 2 year old. She can say 4-5 word sentences and loves to tell stories. She also is a great mommy to both her dollies and her brothers. Many times she will rock her babies to sleep when her brothers are going down and she is also always on alert for an open door that "AveryIas" might get into. She weighed in at 27 lbs 11 oz and was 34 inches. The pediatrician assured us that we will really like her personality and temperament when she gets older. She was also quick to remind me that staying home with the kids is the best thing I can be doing for them right now when I mentioned they have a lot of stranger anxiety.
Avery is a sweet boy. He has a smile that will melt your heart and a sneaky sense of humor. If you catch him doing something he isn't supposed to he will flash you the biggest smile and continue doing it. Lets just say I haven't quite figured him out but he has definitely figured me out, probably not the best combo. He is also very inquisitive, always wanting to be in the middle of things. He is a good eater although if you give him something he doesn't like he will cry and complain. He was 23 lbs 4 oz and 29.5 inches. He seems to quickly becoming the ring leader and is in a hitting phase I'm not a big fan of.
Elias is a snuggle bug. His favorite thing to do is have his back scratched like daddy. He will literally bend in half if you start scratching his back and will give you these content little sighs while you are doing it. He has a big sense of humor that I think will make him very popular when he gets older. He is the most laid back of our kids and for this we are thankful. He weighed in at 23 lbs even and 30 inches. He is also a good eater just a SLOW eater. Now that we have figured this out he seems much more content and he isn't half done eating when we get him down from his chair. He may be our biter but we are trying to curb this quickly.
Our main concern is an itchy rash that seems to be bothering me, the boys and a little bit of Lyla and daddy. Today the boys were tested for allergies and the doctor suspects it might be our dog. I disagree but we will see what the results are. When I asked her how to treat the allergy if it was in fact the dog she quickly replied "Why, you get rid of the dog"....I guess she is not a dog lover. So here's to hoping something comes back on the test so we can go from there instead of just guessing and that Moose gets to stay in our home.
No comments:
Post a Comment