I haven't written in forever, a whole lot has happened but I thought I would start by reintroducing each kid with their own post so I'll start with the oldest and work my way down...
Lyla is smart - crazy smart - she is also a little momma for which I often feel guilty. She never really got to be a kid. I know she knows no different but I often wonder what it would be like if the boys wouldn't have come so soon. She can soothe any baby to bed, put diapers on like no ones business and pretty much follows every rule ever set for her. Jason and I joke she could babysit while we go out and everything would run smoothly.
Her imagination is taking off...she loves to cook, play babies and race whoever she last hung out with.
She also says the funniest things - a few examples -
She kept referring to a "Dave" I couldn't figure out who it was. Finally, she grabbed a picture book about Easter from her pile of books, pointed to Jesus and said "Dave" we will have to work on that one....
The other night her bed time prayers included all the originals plus "daddy's coffee" I'm sure glad she included that because thinking about it...mornings would be really rough around here without it...
When you tell Lyla you love her she will reply with "Hippopotamus"....this stared after learning the sign for hippopotamus which is two I love you signs coming together like a mouth chomping closed...
Lyla knows all her colors, except blue, green and purple. These colors she refers to as Avery (blue) Elias (green) and Lyla (purple). Poor kid has had quite the color coded life. I handed her a green fork she looked at me disgusted handed it back and said "Ias" yes Lyla, that is Elias color I'll find you a purple one...
No comments:
Post a Comment