Good looking bunch!

Good looking bunch!
The loves of my life

About Us

I'm living proof that God has a sense of humor!

Monday, December 8, 2008

Breath of Heaven

So as the Christmas season approaches and the birth of my own child is drawing nearer I can't help but wonder why me? and am I ready for this?  I can only imagine what Mary was thinking as her time drew near.  Was she overwhelmed?  Did she ever feel scared?  I can't imagine what was going through her head knowing that she was about to birth the son of God.  This morning one of my favorite Christmas songs came on, one that I had forgotten about, but it really seemed to sum up everything that I have been feeling for the past few weeks as I realize the true blessing that God is about to place in my life.  I know that He has entrusted me with a precious gift and sometimes I feel truly unworthy.  I have posted the lyrics at the end of this post but if you get a chance listen to the song.  It sums up every thought I have had the past few weeks. 

Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song)

I have travelled many moonless nights
Cold and weary with a babe inside
And wonder what I've done
Holy Father you have come
And chosen me to carry your son

I am waiting in silent prayer
I am frightened by the load I bear
In a world cold as stone
Must I walk this path alone?
Be with me now
Be with me now

Breath of Heaven 
Hold me together
Be forever near me
Breath of Heaven

Breath of Heaven
Light in the darkness
Pour over me your holiness
For you are Holy
Breath of Heaven

Do you wonder
As you watch my face
If a wiser one
Should have had my place
But I offer all I am 
For the mercy of your plan
Help me be strong
Help me

Breath of Heaven
Hold me together
Be forever near me
Breath of Heaven


Ok, so I know that Mary probably had a much bigger responsibility and maybe my hormones are going a little out of whack right now.  But I know that my prayer for the next few months will be asking for a breath of heaven to hold me together and help me be strong.  Well, Thanks for letting me bear a little piece of my soul.  I guess Christmas just has that much more meaning this year.  Thank God for blessing our family with a baby. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: