Good looking bunch!

Good looking bunch!
The loves of my life

About Us

I'm living proof that God has a sense of humor!

Friday, December 5, 2008

Dr apt.

Today was the 24 week appointment.  We talked about my low lying placenta and my doctor is totally not concerned because it is only .9 cm to close to the cervix.  So she is absolutely convinced it will be just fine and I have another ultrasound at 30 weeks to make sure.  She was very proud of us for not finding out what were having and agrees that it will be a pushing incentive in the long run so I am glad for that.  She also found the heart beat right away as I believe that the little one was actually sleeping (if you can believe that?!?).

I also got the run down on my gestational diabetes test.  An hour before my next appointment I am to drink some yummy lemon lime stuff and then go and get my blood drawn.  I am hoping this goes a little better for me than my mom because she was a gestational diabetic for 2 but probably all three of us.  I also can remember my mom holding her nose and gagging over the sink with my little brother taking the orange drink.   That is part of the reason that I went for lemon lime - that and that I can't stand orange pop so that probably would have been sure  to come back up.  

The other big thing that happens next month is that I start going every other week.  I'm not really sure if I'm ready for that....that means that March is right around the corner and believe me I don't feel ready for the life changing event that is about to happen in my life, heck we don't even have the crib put up yet.  However, I am so excited to meet our little ninja.  

No comments: