Good looking bunch!

Good looking bunch!
The loves of my life

About Us

I'm living proof that God has a sense of humor!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The ups and downs of pregnancy

Today was another big ultrasound day. It is amazing to see how much our boys are growing. They are measuring at 27 weeks even and 27 weeks 3 days. I am 26 days 5 days. My doctor was so impressed that I am doing this well she didn't want to start a biophysical profile until I hit 32 weeks or they see a bigger change in the baby's weights. So we are scheduled again in 3 weeks. Or as the perinatologist said, your just about 30 weeks at your next appointment. To which I just about fell off of my chair. 30 weeks has always been a goal of mine, the risk of the babies suffering any prematurity "side effects" is greatly decreased. To know that I'm almost there is really quite amazing I feel so ready for these babies yet am scared to death to become a family a five. We toured the birth place tonight and they were washing a newborn and I got really excited to have a newborn again. However, it is overwhelming to know that there are two babies coming!

I got some bummer news today, apparently I did not actually pass my glucose test, I missed by 6 points. So Friday morning I have to go and take the three hour test which requires fasting. YUCK! I don't think it is fair to restrict a pregnant woman's food intake. That's torture. Oh well I am fairly confident I will pass the three hour since I only missed by six points but we will see.

On a lighter note I was running out the door the other night and slipped into my shoes. Apparently I haven't seen my feet in a while, I took a step and realized that one of my shoes felt really funny. When I bent over and looked down I realized that I had on one of my shoes and one of my dad's shoes. Oh goodness it has been a while since I have seen my feet. My mom also pointed out today that when Lyla stands up grabbing my legs I have to bend over to see her, otherwise I can feel her standing holding on to me but I can't see her.

We are full into 1st birthday party planning mode right now and on the invitations we had to put an expanding family date on the invitations in case all of our babies decide that March 20th is the day to be born!

No comments: