I have so much I need to blog about but I need to get this one in the books so I don't forget.
This summer Lyla started to watch Blue's Clues and she LOVED it, she loves Blue's Clues still but this summer was pretty intense. So intense in fact that she named everyone in the family with a character name and that was the only name she would call that person.
Here is the run down
Mimi - Magenta - when this first started she was Ma-gina (rhymes with....) which always got a chuckle from us
Papa - Mailbox
Dad - Pepper
Me - Steve
Lyla - Blue
Avery - Salt
Elias - Slippery Soap
Matthew - Tickety Tock
Callie - Periwinkle
Mari - Shovel
Jace - Pail
These were the most popular. There were others but these were the most common names...most of them have faded and are rarely used except Oliver's name.
Oliver's name is Paprika pronounced Pat-a-reka and I love it. She uses it so much so in fact that at conferences on Thursday her preschool teacher asked us Oliver's name and was surprised when we called him Oliver. Apparently all she talks about at preschool is pat-a-reka. I hope this name sticks and is only between them. I think it is such a cute term of endearment. I also find it interesting that she always refers to Avery and Elias as her brothers but Oliver is always left out of that. If you ask her who she did something with that involved all her siblings she will always respond with "brothers and pat-a-reka" I love watching the sibling relationship grow, I am so glad they have each other to grow up with.
About Us
- Sarah
- I'm living proof that God has a sense of humor!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment