Well it happened....my little baby turned one. I'm not really sure I am ok with it but since life seems to be moving on without me I will just suck it up on move on. I'll admit I am super excited about all that is in store of us. Oliver is starting to take a step by himself here and there. He is also developing quite the personality. However, I so miss the tiny squishy baby that came into our lives a year ago. Oliver has fit into our family without missing a beat, it was as if he always was meant to be a part of it and he completes it perfectly. We are so glad that he chose us to be his parents!
On Oliver's actual birthday we had a pizza picnic and cake. This was Lyla's request, she had it for her birthday and apparently it has become a family tradition. So pizza picnic and cake it was!
Oliver wasted no time digging into presents at his party. These Curious George books were a hit for everyone, who knew that Elias loved "George"? Not me, was not expecting the tears when I told him he couldn't take the books to bed because they were Oliver's new books.
Showing off his new quilt from Gigi and looking mighty big here. Seriously...
Hamming it up for the camera...
Not super impressed to be pinned down for a pic with mom and dad and there was no way we were going to be able to wrangle the other three for a family shot, so just the birthday boy it was!
He had no problem digging right in!
YUM!
Taking a break
He loved it!
Thanks to everyone who made his day so special! Jason (who is so not a birthday person) declared this to be the best birthday yet!
In other news, he is more of a peanut than a pumpkin. He weighed in at 19 lbs 3 oz and was 30 inches long. Tall and skinny! He took his four shots like a trooper, the worst part for all of my kids is being held down. I think he is getting a ton of teeth, which has left him really sensitive these days but the extra snuggles are being enjoyed by me. He has only had four teeth since he turned six months. He has had four haircuts already and is sure to melt any heart. We love you sweet baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment