At my doc's appointment on Thursday morning I was 3 cm and mentioned that I was having contractions on and off since Sunday and getting uncomfortable. So my doctor offered help things along and I am so glad she did. Immediately afterwords I knew something was up I just felt gross so I came home and rested about 5 the contractions started kicking in and by 6 they were every 5 minutes apart and increasing in intensity. Jason went off the volleyball practice and by the time he got home I was starting to get really uncomfortable but we still waited it out. About 10 I could no long talk through my contractions so he decided to call up to labor and delivery. When he told them what was going on we were given the green light to head up to the hospital. When we got there they monitored me for a half hour and my contractions were coming every 2 to 4 minutes and I was dilated to a 5 so we were admitted around midnight. At the rate I was going they were convinced that I was going to deliver by 4:30 am. However, that was so not the case. My contractions began to fade out so I was up and walking around as much as I could. It became apparent that I would need my water broken. The doctor came to break my water around 8 am and that got things going FAST! She also put me on pitocin to get contractions started again and it became apparent that I would need an epidural because I was violently gagging at every contraction. By the time I got an epidural I was an 8 and it took a while to work. At 11:50 I was considered complete and so they let me labor down for an hour before pushing. However, the epi was working so good I had no idea what I was doing. Needless to say I pushed for 2 hours but I must say that I loved every minute of it (well for the most part :))!
About Us
- Sarah
- I'm living proof that God has a sense of humor!
Monday, March 23, 2009
The story of Lyla..
At my doc's appointment on Thursday morning I was 3 cm and mentioned that I was having contractions on and off since Sunday and getting uncomfortable. So my doctor offered help things along and I am so glad she did. Immediately afterwords I knew something was up I just felt gross so I came home and rested about 5 the contractions started kicking in and by 6 they were every 5 minutes apart and increasing in intensity. Jason went off the volleyball practice and by the time he got home I was starting to get really uncomfortable but we still waited it out. About 10 I could no long talk through my contractions so he decided to call up to labor and delivery. When he told them what was going on we were given the green light to head up to the hospital. When we got there they monitored me for a half hour and my contractions were coming every 2 to 4 minutes and I was dilated to a 5 so we were admitted around midnight. At the rate I was going they were convinced that I was going to deliver by 4:30 am. However, that was so not the case. My contractions began to fade out so I was up and walking around as much as I could. It became apparent that I would need my water broken. The doctor came to break my water around 8 am and that got things going FAST! She also put me on pitocin to get contractions started again and it became apparent that I would need an epidural because I was violently gagging at every contraction. By the time I got an epidural I was an 8 and it took a while to work. At 11:50 I was considered complete and so they let me labor down for an hour before pushing. However, the epi was working so good I had no idea what I was doing. Needless to say I pushed for 2 hours but I must say that I loved every minute of it (well for the most part :))!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment