Good looking bunch!

Good looking bunch!
The loves of my life

About Us

I'm living proof that God has a sense of humor!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Party Pooper

Happy New Year!  Let's just say I was a party pooper last night.  Needless to say I was passed out on the couch by nine and in bed by 11:30...we did watch the ball drop though, just on New York time.  I have spent the week working at the daycare 9-6 and it has taken it's toll on me.  Monday was a movie, Tuesday ice skating, and Wednesday sledding.  I'll just say that sledding was an experience.  Any doubts I may have had about Jason getting grossed out during labor and delivery vanished Wednesday afternoon.  Jason went sledding with us and was standing next to a kid that got clipped by a sled and ended up breaking his nose.  There was blood everywhere and Jason was just fine taking care of him so I am confident he will do fine when it is time for the big day :)  Speaking of the big day, Sunday marks the start of my third trimester!  I can't believe it, we are about 80 some odd days away from the big day I can't wait.  Today I caught Jason just staring into the  crib.  When I asked what he was doing he mentioned he was just trying to imagine what would be squirming in there in a few months....I must admit it is fun to think about.

Friday is my next appointment and I am really hoping to pass my gestational diabetes test.  We will hopefully know before I leave the office.  I am also hoping the doctor has only nice things to say about my weight...as most of you know she has been on me a lot about that but she also only wanted me to gain 15 pounds so I am trying to reassure myself I am doing just fine.

I was surprised to read how many "tricks" our baby can do in the womb.  Our ninja can open it's eyes, swallow, breathe, and all of the five senses are ready to go.  Crazy huh?  I think so....

No comments: